In the year 2015 Hanuman Jayanti will be celebrated on 4th April. Any of the individual who is suffering from the problems can perform the puja on this day in order to remove all the ill effects from the life of an individual. The Hanuman Jayanti is the day when the Lord Hanuman Birthday is commemorated. The Lord Hanuman is known from different names like Anjaneya, Maruti, Vanara Devta, Sankat Mochan etc. The birthday of Hanuman is celebrated in the month of Chaitra during the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha. This day is also known as the day of Chaitra Purnima.
According to Hindu mythology, the Lord Hanuman is born from the Anjana(mother) and kesari(father). But there was some curse to Anjana due to which she was born as the female monkey and was redeemed to hold the baby in womb. According to ancient books and beliefs it is believed that King Dasaratha was performing the ritual to get child while the Anjana and her husband was also doing the same puja. The pious devotion of the king Dasaratha made him to get the pudding from God which he needs to distribute among his three wives. After sometime, the Lord of wind arrived and flew the kite which was holding some of the fragment of pudding and it dropped at the place where the Anjana was doing the puja. Anjana took this pudding as the blessing of the God and due to this Lord Hanuman was born.
Lord Hanuman is considered to be the devotee of Lord Rama and it has been the legend that the Lord Hanuman brought the Sita back to Rama. Siince Lord Hanuman can fly in the air so he was capable to find the Sita in Lanka and saved her from the devil Ravaana. In the war Lakshmana was injured and there was no scope left for his survival, so in order to save Lakshmana Lord hanuman brought the Sanjivni Parvat which has the capability to cure the wounds. Due to this Lord Lakshmana life was saved. In the victory of Lord Rama Hanuman had placed a major role and therefore as a tribute Rama gave Hanuman a place in his heart. Whenever the Lord Rama puja is done, the puja is offered to Lord Hanuman also.
On hanuman Jayanti, devotees keep the fast on this day and this fast is specially kept by Maharashtrians. The whole day fast is kept and it is broken on the next day. People who keep the fasts on this day is blessed by the Lord Hanuman and all the evil effects in their life is being removed. This fast especially is kept by men or the married women because Lord was Brahmachari. The holy bath is taken on this day and the house is cleaned well. Afterwards the idol of Hanuman is kept at puja place and the Aarti is being recited. Afterwards, the Prasad is being distributed among the devotees. The mantra that is recited on this day is
Yatra yatra raghunatha kirtanam;
Tatra tatra kritha masthakanjalim;
Bhaspavaari paripurna lochanam;
Maarutim namata raakshasanthakam.
This mantra needs to be recited 108 times so that the proper benefit is being received from God.
The Kartik Purnima occurs in the Kartik month on the full moon day. The day of Kartik Purnima will be observed on 25h November 2015 and this is considered to very pious day in the life of the individuals. According to Hindu mythology it is believed that the Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva visited earth on this day. Therefore, this day holds the special significance in the life of an individual and worshipping these two gods on this day is very beneficial. All the desires and wishes are being fulfilled on this day. People visit the temples on this day and take the holy bath in the holy water. The diyas are being lit in front of God and the Aarti is being recited in order to take blessings from the God. This day is also known by the name of Tripuri Purnima.
The month in which these two God’s arrived on earth is dedicated to Lord kartikeya. This day marks the victory of the lord Shiva over the demons named Tripuri. Therefore the name of Tripuri Purnima was kept. This day is considered to be the most potential day when Lord Shiva can be pleased and can be asked for anything. On the similar day the Lord Vishnu came on earth in the form of fish. This day is also considered to be the last day for the Tulsi Vivaah. There are more legends related to this day like the Guru Nanak was also born on this day and therefore the jayanti is being celebrated on this day. The individuals who belong to the religion of Jainism, for them the day of Kartik Purnima keep the special importance and significance. The Lord Mahavira is worshipped on this day. On this day the Deva Deepawali is celebrated. All the sins can be removed from the life of an individual on this day. Donation and worship done on this day gives the marvelous results to the devotees. People should keep in mind that they are doing the puja with full of dedication and devotion.
The rituals that are being performed on this day are as follows:-
- People should wake up early on this day and should take the bath and should offer the prayers before the sun rises.
- The bath in the holy river is considered to be very auspicious and the dip should be taken 1000 times.
- The mantra or the name of the god must be recited. During the evening time the Lord Vishnu and Maa Tulsi should be worshipped.
- Devotees need to keep the fast for the whole day and then in the evening thefast must be broken.
- The salvation is achieved to the one’s who keep fasts on this day. The Brahmans must be offered food in order to attain the blessings from them.
- People visit Pushkar on this day as the fair is organized on this day in the honor of Lord Brahma.
The Surya Shashti Puja or the Chhath Puja will be celebrated from 15th November to 18th November 2015. The Chhath Puja is given different names like Chhath Parv, Dala Chhath, Pratihar Shashthi or Surya Shashthi. This is only the one Vedic festival that is being dedicated to the Lord Sun according to Hindu astrology. On this day all the devotees pray to Lord Sun and ask for the child from him. The devotees want their child to be bright like the Lord Sun. the sunrise and the sunset time during the chhath puja keeps the special significance.
The first day of Chhath Puja is known as the day of Nahay Khay and will be celebrated on 15th November 2015. The auspicious time during the sunrise will be 06:43 a.m. and the auspicious sunset time will be 17:28 p.m. on this day people need to take the holy bath in the holy river like the river Ganga. The woman’s who observe this Chhath Puja needs to consume the food only once a day.
The second day of Chhath puja is known as the day of Lohanda and Kharna and will be celebrated on 16th November 2015. The auspicious time during the sunrise will be 06:44 a.m. and the auspicious sunset time will be 17:27 p.m. On this the fasting needs to be done without drinking water from sunrise to sunset. On this day the fast is broken after sunset and after offering the food to Lord Sun. the third day only starts after taking the Prasad of the second day.
The third day of the Chhath puja is known as the day of Sandhya Arghya and will be celebrated on 17th November 2015. The auspicious time during the sunrise will be 06:45 a.m. and the auspicious sunset time will be 17:27 p.m. on this day the water is not drunk for the whole day. The main ritual for this day is the offering of the Arghya at the time of the setting of the Sun. The Parana is done on the next day after the rise of the Sun.
The fourth day of the Chhath puja is known as the day of Usha Arghya and Parana day and will be celebrated on 18th November 2015. The auspicious time during the sunrise will be 06:46 a.m. and the auspicious sunset time will be 17:26 p.m. On this day of the last Chhath Puja the Argya is given to the rising Sun and therefore it is known as Usha Arghya. All the 36 hours long fast is being broken on this day after the Arghya is being given to the Lord Sun.
On all of these days devotees do the puja from all their heart in order to seek the blessings from him in right manner.
The birthday of Lord Khatu Shyam Ji will be celebrated on 3rd November 2015. The lord was born in the Kartik Shukla Ekadashi and was the grandson of Bhim. On this day the grand kartik mela is being organized in order to celebrate the birthday of Khatu Shyam Ji. On the Jayanti devotees must seek the blessings of the lord. It is also believed thatShyam Ji donated his head to Lord Krishna on the Phalgun Shukla. The two days keep the special significance for the worship of the Lord Khatu Shyam Ji i.e. on the 11th and 12th day of bright half of the month of Hindu calendar. These two days are referred to as Shukla Ekadashi and Dwadashi. The blessings received on this day are considered to be very auspicious. On these days pandits make the temple open for the whole day.
The Lord Khatu Shyam Ji was the son of Ghatothkacha and the grandson of Bheem. He is also considered to be the manifestation of barbarika who had promised his mother to fight from the weaker side in the Mahabharata. Therefore this is the reason that he fought from the side of Kauravas. But on the other hand, Lord Krishna knewed that if such thing happens the Pandavas will definitely loose the war therefore to save the Pandavas Krishna asked for his head in the charity.
There are more other names of Lord Khatu Shyam Ji by which Lord is being known and they are:-
- Barbarika: – Before the name given by the Lord Krishna the Khatu Shyan Ji was referred by the name of Barbarika and this was his childhood name.
- Sheesh ke Daani: – this name was due to the donation of the head.
- Haara ka Sahara: – this name was given because he was supporting that party who was weaker as advised by his mother in the Mahabharata.
- Teen Baan Dhaari: – this name was given due to the three arrows given by the Lord Shiva.
- Lakha datari: – this name was given because Lord gives his devotees all that things that they ask for.
- Leela Ke Aswar
- Khatu Naresh
- Kalyug ke Avtaari
- Shyam Pyare
On the day of jayanti of the Lord the idol of khatu shyam Ji is kept at the puja place and is decorated well with the horse chariot. People sings the bhajans on this day and then perform the aarti. Afterwards the Prasad is being distributed among the devotees and they are blessed with the blessings. At various temples, Satsang is being organized at the evening time. The chappan bhog is also prtepared on this day and is being distributed afterwards among al the devotees of the Lord.
The planet Mars is going to get exalted on 28th November 2014 and therefore there will be many changes in the life of an individual belonging to different zodiac signs. The planet gets exalted once in every year and will remain in the zodiac sign of Capricorn till 5th January 2015. The planet Mars is considered to be the commander and therefore it is the action planet in the astrology. All the initiatives and ability to perform actions is governed by the planet Mars. This planet signifies the flow of energy, boldness, blood, landed property, decisiveness and ability of command. The following effects will be there on different zodiac signs.
- Aries: – this zodiac sign is already owned by the planet Mars therefore individuals having this zodiac sign will have the fame in the society and will rise up in their position. There will be no negativity that can destroy you as the planet Mars will be guarding you. The enemies will keep the distance from you. It is still advised that you keep cool so that you are not getting excited on any impulse. This year will be the good period for you in order to start for the higher studies and to get involved in the research work. Maintain the friendly relationship with everyone.
- Taurus: – the expenditures that you have made will be fruitful for you only when you have planned the things in a better way. You should not be impulsive otherwise you will be in trouble. The versatility and creativity will be at peak so you need to use this talent to get the benefit. You need to drive safely in order to protect yourself. The new investments can be made during this period.
- Gemini: – there is going to be some windfall gain in this period. There can be some of the problems to you but everything will be fine as you will be able to fight from it. You need to take care of your communication so that you can succeed. There is going to be some new source of income to you and you need to be ready for it.
- Cancer: – during this period there will be some good changes in the professional life which will help you to increase the income. You will have the opportunity to complete all that work that was delayed earlier. You should not be stubborn as this can hamper your success. You will be very decisive and you will have the new partnership in the business that will make your venture to grow and have good benefits.
- Leo: – during this period enemies will remain away from you and will also not dare to come near to you. It is advised that when you drive on road you need to maintain the speed in order to protect your life. You will have the leadership quality in you so that you can lead people in a positive way.
- Virgo: – during this period the actions and the results will be balanced. This period is the right time for you to prove your talent in front of everybody. You can work into the research field in order to gain more benefit. The spending’s must be done wisely so that you are not in debts.
- Libra: – during this period you will have the lot of opportunities to grow in work so that you can maintain your career growth. The issues related to property will be resolved. You will have the family time and the environment will be filled with happiness. The marital relationship will be good and you will enjoy a lot with your partner.
- Scorpio: – during this period you are going to be very lucky and all the actions will commensurate with the results that you have. The productivity is going to increase and therefore you are going to enjoy a lot at your workplace.
- Sagittarius: – the people who are married and have children for them there will be good opportunities in the studies. The health needs to be cared about so that your health is maintained. You will have the opportunity to spend the quality time with your family.
- Capricorn: – you need to care a lot about your mother so that she can be happy because her happiness will give you success in long term. There is going to be recognition for you during this period. There will be changes in the income also.
- Aquarius: – during this period you are going to have the linkage with the foreign land due to the profession. You will have the fame and name due to this association. Your personal objectives will be maintained.
- Pisces: – during this transition the bank balance is going to increase and you will be able to do more investments. This period is going to be very luck for you. The career life will be maintained.
The Puja of the Skanda Shashti will start from 17th November in the year 2015 and will be celebrated for six days i.e. till 22nd November. This puja is done in all the Murugan temples of Sri Lanka and Tamil Nadu. The Lord that is worshipped on this day is Karthikeya and has six faces therefore this puja is done for six days. To get the maximum benefits from this puja one should observe the fast for the six days and should enchant the mantra of the Kanda Shashti Kavacham. The stotra of Subramanya Bhujanga can also be recited.
The Lord Murugan is generally being worshipped with his companion named Valli and Devyani. The companion Valli represents the power of will i.e . the Shakti of Icha while the companion Devyani represents the effort and power of work i.e. the Kriya Shakti. The Lord Murugan is placed in the middle of the two companions and represents the power of divine i.e. the Shakti of Gyan. The individuals born with good wisdom is considered to have the blessings of the Loed Murugan. This festival of six days is generally celebrated to remove the ill effects from the life of individual and to destroy all the bad powers from the universe. On the last day of the festival i.e. on the sixth day the Lord Murugan is taken out for procession. To celebrate the day people generally create the idol of asura and then from the spear of Lord Murugan idol they destroy the asura.
There are six major temples of Lord Murugan in Tamil Nadu and they are:-
On this festival people from various places come over here and actively participate in this festival. The celebration is very good during these days. Some of the people reach the temple through Padyatra from long distances and also carry the pot of milk for abhishekam.
There is a temple named sikkil which routes to rameshwaram. Here people celebrate the festival with full of joy and enjoyment and pray for the removal of all the evil energy from their mind and heart. The date of the year 2016 can also be found for this festival and therefore it will be celebrated from 5th of November.
Saraswati Puja or Basant Panchmi is celebrarted on the fifth lunar day of the fortnight of Magha month as per Hindu calendar. This is associated with the worship of Goddess Saraswati. It is believed that Goddess Saraswati was brought into existence by Lord Brahma. On the other hand, this day is also recognized as Basant Panchmi, as it marks the beginning of the spring season.
Basant Panchami 2015 & Saraswati Puja 2015
Basant Panchmi is an auspicious day to welcome spring season. It is marked with the birthday of Goddess Saraswati, who is the goddess of education and knowledge. This day is considered remarkable to start new venture in education. Saraswati Puja is performed by all the schools, colleges and education institutes on this day.
Basant Panchami date in 2015 on 24January 2015, Saturday
Saraswati Puja 2015: Worshipping Goddess Saraswati
On the day on Basant Panchmi, people worship Goddess Saraswati as it is believed that she bestows the devotees with knowledge. Hence, the day is also marked with Abujh Muhurat. The worship of Goddess Saraswati is carried out in all the school, colleges and educational institutes. Books and Stationery are kept in front of Goddess Saraswati and are worshipped.
The Goddess of Knowledge: Maa Saraswati
Maa Saraswati is the Mother of Knowledge, art, education and music. As per the Vedic mythology, she wears white saree, which is a significance of purity. She has four hands, wherein, she holds Veena in the two and lotus in one hand; with other hand she holds Vedic scriptures.
Goddess Saraswati is also known as the mother of Sanskrit. The person who worships her with utmost devotion gets the knowledge and wisdom.
The Legend of Saraswati Puja
According the ancient Hindu scriptures, Lord Brahma was happy to create human and earth. When he went out to take a glimpse of the same, he was disappointed to see the silence in the world everywhere. So, he created Goddess Saraswati by sprinkling some water in the air. As a result, Goddess Saraswati is also known as Water Deity. She blessed the world with voice and art.
Another legend related to the worship of Goddess Saraswati goes back thousands of years. It says when Kalidas was called foolish by his wife he decided to give up his life by jumping in the river. As soon as he was about to jump, Goddess Saraswati emerged from the river and advised to take a dip in the water. After doing what he was told, Kalidas became knowledgeable and emerged as famous poet.
Saraswati Mantra For Saraswati Puja 2015
During the Puja of Goddess Saraswati this mantra is being recited:
Om Saraswati Mahabhagey, Vidye Kamala Lochaney |
Viswarupey Vishalakshmi, Vidyam Dehi Namohastutey ||
Jaya Jaya Devi, Charachara Sharey, Kuchayuga Shobhita, Mukta Haarey |
Vina Ranjita, Pustaka Hastey, Bhagavati Bharati Devi Namohastutey ||
Basant Panchami Puja for succcess in Exam and Interviews date 24 January 2015 Saturday
Significance of Yellow Color On Vasant Panchami 2015
People on the day of Basant Panchmi prefer wearing yellow clothes and eat yellow colored sweets. This is because yellow represents spring season. It is the color of Sun, which gives energy. This color is also associated with the light of knowledge.
Celebration of Basant Panchami 2015
The festival of Basant Panchmi has its social, religious and seasonal significance. People all over the country celebrate it with great joy and enthusiasm. In the morning, Goddess Saraswati is worshipped in temples, schools and education institutes. After that, children fly kites to welcome springs season. Several dance and music programs are also preformed.
People give donation to Brahmins. As per the Hindu Mythology, if a person give food to the Brahmins on Basant Panchmi it goes directly to their ancestors. This custom is termed as ‘Pitra-Tarpan’.
In the northern region, people celebrate this festival as festival of kites. Whereas in West Bengal people set up pandals, to worship Goddess Saraswati. The festival there is known as Sri Panchmi.
Basant Panchmi is also celebrated in Nepal. People decorate the temple a day before Saraswati pujan.
Click Here for Order Sarswati Puja on Basant Panchami for Success in Exam and Education.
The festivals which are being celebrated in India have their own importance. These festivals are meant for bringing happiness and peace to the lives of the individual. There are several important reasons behind the celebration of every festival. This becomes a ritual which is being followed by every religion. Diwali is the most auspicious festival of Indians which is being celebrated by lighting up the candles and diyas, on the Amavasya night. In Amavasya it is very tough to find the moon in the sky. So, we light the candles and diyas to remove the darkness. This is the festival of positive feeling.
The Laxmi Pujan has its own significance and so it is important to follow the muhurat. During the festival of Diwali the house are cleaned and decorated with several unique design of lights and lamps. People use candles, diyas, electric light, and lamps to decorate the entire portion f their house. This is the day to enjoy with friends and family. On this day there are several girls and ladies who make rangoli in front of their house, to give an attractive look to the festival. The friends and relatives also exchange sweets, cookies, chocolates, and so on. This festival is sub divided into several other festivals like Bhaiya Dooj, Dhanteras, Govardhan Puja, Narak Chaturdasi, and Diwali. These all festivals make the celebration of Diwali more exciting and prosperous.
Diwali Laxmi Puja Muhurat
It is very important to perform the Puja according to the muhurat. If the Puja will base on the muhurat then the individual will surely get beneficial results. On the eve of Diwali, the period of Pradosh Kaal is very beneficial for the families and relatives. The Pradosh Kal generally starts after the sunset and will remain for 2 hours and 24 minutes. So, for the beneficial results for you and your family perform the Diwali Laxmi Puja according to the muhurat.